Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)(R2/727/6/0065) (07/27) (MQA/FA 8482)
BACHELOR OF PHARMACY (HONS)
The pharmacy profession has been in existence ever since people realized the importance of medicines to improve their health.
Pharmacists play an essential role in the provision of quality healthcare, especially by way of dispensing safe and effective medicines.
Pharmacy is consistently ranked as one of the most respected and noble professions.
It renders service to the society by providing pharmaceutical care practice that provides the basic information necessary to establish, support, deliver, and maintain medication management services, prevention and mitigation of diseases for improving the quality of life.
Click to view the Undergraduate Programmes Brochure – Faculty of Pharmacy.
Components of the Programme
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry I
- Hubungan Etnik
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry II
- Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry Immunology
- Dosage Form
- General Pharmacology & Trichology
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Clinical Pharmacy
- Physical Pharmaceutics
- Peripheral Nervous System & Pharmacotherapy Gastrointestinal, Endocrine Systems & Pharmacotherapy
- Research Methodology & Biostatistics
- Pulmonary, Renal Systems & Pharmacotherapy
- Cardiovascular Systems & Pharmacotherapy
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Public Health Pharmacy Elective
- U4 Activites
- Central Nervous System & Pharmacotherapy
- Basics to Industrial Pharmacy
- Community Pharmacy
- Forensic Pharmacy & Ethics
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Dosage Form Design I
- Research Project I
- Dosage Form Design II
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Antimicrobials &Anti-infectives
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Industrial Training
- Research Project II
- Antineoplastic &Immunomodulators
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Applied Therapeutics I
- Counselling skills for Pharmacists
- Hospital Training
Elective (1 out 6):
- Geriatric Pharmacy
- Drug Modeling
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Preclinical Drug Evaluation
- Pharmacogenomics & Pharmacogenetics
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Applied Therapeutics II
- Pharmacoeconomics & Pharmacoepidemiology
- Drug Information Services
- Clinical Pharmacy Training
- Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
Elective (1 out 5)
- Nutraceutical Pharmacy
- Traditional, Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Drug Abuse and Society
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Ergonomics and Occupational Health
|A-Levels||Grades 3Bs OR 2A1C OR 1A1B1C in Biology, Chemistry AND
Physics OR Mathematics. Chemistry must be minimum grade B.
|STPM||CGPA ≥ 3.0 with grade BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects which is in: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics. Minimum grade B in Chemistry subject. Overall CGPA ≥ 3.0|
|AIMST Foundation in Science/ Matriculation/Foundation in Science||CGPA ≥ 3.0 including minimum grade B in Chemistry.
Overall CGPA ≥ 3.0 Duration: Min 1 year
|CGPA ≥ 3.0 including minimum grade B in Chemistry.
Duration: Min 1 year
|Diploma in Science*#
|CGPA ≥ 3.75 including minimum grade B in Chemistry|
|Diploma in Pharmacy*#||CGPA ≥ 3.5|
|Degree in Science||Science-based undergraduate degree with CGPA ≥ 2.75. (Note : CGPA 2.75 = Grade C+)|
|UEC||Pass with B4 in 5 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and any other subject with a pass in Bahasa Malaysia.|
|New South Wales: Higher
School Certificate (NSW
|Pass New South Wales: Higher School Certificate (NSW HSC) with minimum
Grade BBB, ABC or AAC in: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Maths
10 International Matriculation Program)Atau CPU (Canadian Pre University)
|Pass Canadian International Matriculation Program (CIMP)/Canadian Grade
12/13/Canadian Pre University (CPU) with a minimum of 73% (aggregate) in Chemistry subject.
|SAM (South Australian Matriculation)||Pass South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with a minimum average
score 14 or 73% (aggregate) in Chemistry.
|UNSW (University of New South Wales Foundation)||Pass UNSW with minimum B4 or 73% (aggregate) in Chemistry.|
|International Baccalaureate||Pass International Baccalaureate (IB) with Minimum score 33 for 3 subjects
: Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths
|Indian Pre University (HSC/SSC)||Pass Indian Pre University/HSC/SSC with 80% (aggregate) in
|HSC Bangladesh||Pass HSC Bangladesh with grade A (70-79%) for 3 subjects:
Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Maths.
|Other Qualification||Other equivalent qualification that is recognized by Malaysian
- Clinic Pharmacy Practice
- Community Pharmacy
- Governmental Agencies
- Home Health Care
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmaceutical Sales Executives
- Regulatory Pharmacists
- Nuclear Pharmacists
I am proud that I joined the Faculty of Pharmacy in AIMST University few year backs. The faculty prepared me well, in academic, professional knowledge as well as soft skills and confidence to deal with the challenges in the future. The greenery campus with the state of art facilities provided conducive environment for studies.
AIMST Bachelor of Pharmacy (hons) degree gave me so many happy memories and friends for life. I was exposed to advancement of pharmaceutical technology during my study. AIMST had created a fantastic environment for me to develop my skills and interest. The dedicated lecturers and their immense knowledge in the pharmacy field are remarkable.
Goh Mun Fye